[Icecast] sound card input stream

Geoff Shang Geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Fri Jan 18 15:47:44 UTC 2008

(copying the list on my answer)

Mesut GÜLNAZ wrote:

> ? use FreeBSD 5.4-stable.
> ? wanna use icecast to stream and dark ice to stream to icecast.
>
> I installed darkice but when i tried to start darkice i am getting this
> error.
>
> # darkice
> DarkIce 0.18.1 live audio streamer, http://darkice.tyrell.hu/
> Copyright (c) 2000-2007, Tyrell Hungary, http://tyrell.hu/
>
> Using config file: /etc/darkice.cfg
> Using OSS DSP input device: /dev/dsp
> Using POSIX real-time scheduling, priority 30
> DarkIce: DarkIce.cpp:1134: can't open connector [0]

Doing a quick Google on this error seemed to indicate thatt this is
probably a configuration issue.

First double-check that your darkice and icecast config files match were
relevant.

2.  Is there an error in your Icecast error log?  If you see no evidence of
your attempt at all then this means that your connect attempt is not even
reaching Icecast.

Others may have other suggestions.

Geoff.