[Icecast] debian package from svn / errors and non working debian rules

Romain Beauxis toots at rastageeks.org
Mon Aug 11 23:36:25 UTC 2008

Le Monday 11 August 2008 20:50:39 Oliver Oli, vous avez écrit :
> maybe include the debian dir as an external from
> svn://svn.debian.org/pkg-icecast/icecast2/trunk/debian/

Well, the debian packaging can be very specific to the associated upstream
release.

Generaly speaking, including a debian/ directory in upstream's source is not
recommended, in particular because there can be several package releases for
a single upstream release.

Even worse, it complicates the packaging for us, since we need to regenerate
all the configure thing in order to remove debian/ related files from the
configure script, before compiling icecast.

So, I do advise to remove the debian/ directory, at least from the released
tarball. It can be interesting to have a debian/ for svn code, but this needs
to be maintained seperately from the "official" debian/ code.

Romain