[Icecast] debian package from svn / errors and non working debian rules

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Mon Aug 11 14:09:33 UTC 2008

Oliver Oli wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried to build an debian package from svn. First I checked out trunk
> and the 2.3.2 branch, which both build this quite "old" package :-)
>
> icecast2_1.9+2.0alphasnap2+20030802-1_amd64.deb

> Then I tried the kh branch, which doesn't build with dpkg-buildpackage:
>
> debian/rules:6: debian/cdbs/1/rules/buildinfo.mk: No such file or directory
> make: *** No rule to make target `debian/cdbs/1/rules/buildinfo.mk'.  Stop.
> dpkg-buildpackage: failure: debian/rules clean gave error exit status 2
>
> after I have removed the line from debian/rules, it starts compiling,
> but throws an error:

I'll probably remove the debian directory and leave the debian packagers
to add what they need for their own packages. I don't get updates for
those parts so it can fall out of sync easily.

> make[4]: Leaving directory `/root/svn/icecast/src/timing'
> make[4]: Entering directory `/root/svn/icecast/src'
> cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..  -Wall -ffast-math -fsigned-char
> -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I/usr/include  -pthread -g -O2 -g -Wall -O2 -c
> cfgfile.c
> In file included from cfgfile.h:32,
>                  from cfgfile.c:27:
> global.h:54: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'spin_t'
> global.h:66: warning: 'struct rate_calc' declared inside parameter list
> global.h:66: warning: its scope is only this definition or
> declaration, which is probably not what you want
> global.h:67: warning: 'struct rate_calc' declared inside parameter list
> global.h:68: warning: 'struct rate_calc' declared inside parameter list

the kh tree in svn refers to modules that are shared with trunk (net
etc) and I didn't want to include certain unused things into the trunk
before 2.3.2. This is complete in the tarballs. That particular thing of
spinlocks is probably ok to merge now.

karl.