[Icecast] Icecast Song Tracking

Geoff Shang Geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Fri Aug 8 03:04:20 UTC 2008

Daniel C wrote:

> I was wondering if an Icecast mount is down, would icecast still keep a
> record of the songs being played, artist name, and at what time eatch
> song was played? And from what IP address the songs played from?

I don't quite understand the question.  If the mount is down, how would
Icecast get this information?

> If icecast keeps these records, where does it keep them?

Ordinarily you can log this sort of info to the playlist log which I think
is not defined by default but I could be wrong about that.  I don't think
IP address is stored but you could use the access log to figure that out.
But as I say, if the mount is down then no data is coming in so there'll be
nothing to log.

Or are you meaning a situation where the stream mount is down but the
metadata updates keep on coming in?  I doubt Icecast would consider such a
situation valid so probably doesn't log it as such.  It might dump enough
info to the error log, haven't tried it.

Geoff.