[Icecast] libshout: shout_get_error() returns SOCKET ERROR

Kanito 73 kanito73 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 15 23:44:32 UTC 2007

Hello

I've configured the 'example.c' with the right SERVER, PORT, SHOUT FORMAT
and all the required stuff, it works fine (the setup shout_set...() calls)
but when reaching shout_open() it returns a socket error.

$ ./example
Error connecting: Socket error

The configuration of the server and example.c is right, at least the server
is up and running, and tried it with the winamp/shoutcast and the linux
shoutcast transmitter and it works...

What can be the problem? I thought it could require root UID to work but not
it still don't work. Am thinking it could be the kernel headers/structures,
am using Linux with kernel 2.6.18 and libshout 2.2.2

Don't know if the mailing list supports libshout, but didn't find nothing in
the forums, sorry if it is not the right place for my problem.

Regards