[Icecast] getting server to work

Geoff Shang Geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Sat Oct 20 07:45:03 UTC 2007

Hi,

In addition, there is a sample Icecast config file for use with Shoutcast
clients.  That should tell you how to set things up.

Geoff.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas B. Ruecker" <dm8tbr at afthd.tu-darmstadt.de>
To: <Rideharley at cfl.rr.com>
Cc: <icecast at xiph.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2007 9:24 AM
Subject: Re: [Icecast] getting server to work

Rideharley at cfl.rr.com schrieb:
> hello
>         I have the icecast server and wanted to know how can you tell
> when server is working.
>         and the url needed for using the shoutcast broadcaster and
> what port and such......I would
>         appreciate some input on this..............

There's something called "The Fine Manual". It usually comes with
icecast, but you'll also find it here:
http://icecast.org/docs/icecast-2.3.1/

You can confirm that the server is running by accessing its web
interface. it is on port 8000 by default. In the default configuration
that would be: http://IP.OF.YOUR.SERVER:8000 - e.g.
http://192.168.0.1:8000 or  http://127.0.0.1:8000 if the server runs on
the same machine as the webbrowser.

Cheers