[Icecast] Time for log entries

Dick Trump dtrump1 at triadav.com
Sun Nov 11 04:35:02 UTC 2007

Karl wrote:
> Did you have windows changing the system/bios clock or did you have the
> system/bios clock set to UTC with a timezone setting translating the
> time to local time?

The system/bios is set to the local time zone with Windows managing the DST.

However, now that I think of it, I should mention that when installing TZedit last spring, I apparently set it to use the last Sunday in November, not the first.  So, last Sunday morning when I happened to wake up after the change of time, I discovered that the time had not changed.  I temporarily disabled the DST option to put the time right.  Later that day (Sunday), I discovered the error I had made, corrected the entry with TZedit and turned the DST option back on.  I looked at the system clock and the time displayed by my application that manages EZstream.  Since both of the displayed the correct time, I assumed everything was OK.

It could be that the temporary changes confused something, but it was surprising that the only thing that has seemed out of the ordinary were the log entries for Icecast.  It's nothing that I feel I need to do anything about now, but it was certainly curious.

If I remember, I'll check things next spring and report back if it doesn't seem to handle it correctly.

--
Dick
dtrump1 at triadav.com