[Icecast] Time for log entries

Dick Trump dtrump1 at triadav.com
Sat Nov 10 15:41:53 UTC 2007

I'm running Icecast 2.3.1 on a Windows 2000 platform with Simplecast feeding a live stream with multiple mount points.  At scheduled points in the day, I have a scheduler that launches EZstream that overrides one of the mountpoints for a local 1 hour insert.

Since we went back to standard time last weekend, the log entries in error.log have shown that the EZstream overrides have occurred one hour late, yet the system time was correct and I know that the overrides have occurred at the correct time.  TZedit has been installed and the system is properly adjusting for the DST to standard time switch.

I took a look at access.log and could see that the current entries in it were being entered as if the system clock were 1 hour advanced.  I briefly shutdown Icecast, then restarted it and the new entries in the logs were correct.

Both the system clock and my other application that launches EZstream were displaying the correct time.  Only the Icecast log entries were off.  So, where is Icecast getting its time for log entries?

--
Dick Trump
dtrump1 at triadav.com