[Icecast] MySQL Logging

Rob McDonald rob.mcdonald.icecast at nzpages.net
Sat Mar 17 05:56:11 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to writing patches, and that sort of thing.

But I've made some changes to icecast2 to allow logging into a mysql
database.

Runs on Linux - (specificly ubuntu 6.10 server) Only new library it uses
is libmysqlclient10

I've not made too many modifications to the makefile, I'm not really
even sure how to make them stick, they get overwriten every time i
run ./configure - (told you, I'm newbie)

But anyway. If anyone wants my tarball its available at
http://www.listenlive.net.nz/icecast-dev.tgz

Files of interest.
src/mylog.c
src/cfgfile.c
src/logging.c
conf/icecast.xml.dist

It's there as is where is, it does the job for me. However it's a bit
resource hungry on a large server I expect. It opens a new mysql
connection for every log entry, that won't scale well.

Maybe it'll be a start for someone.

Cheers

Rob