[Icecast] Statistic

Romain Beauxis toots at rastageeks.org
Fri Mar 2 17:07:06 UTC 2007

Le vendredi 2 mars 2007 17:33, Denny Schierz a écrit :
> hi,

	Hi !

> is there a way, to create a stastic about listernes, mountpoints  and
> music tiltes?
>
> I saw some cacti scripts, but i have no webserver installed on the
> streamserver, so i would use only plain files, also a database could be
> improving some things. So, how can i do this?

Well, given that icecast logs are very similar to apache's log, you can use
any log analyser that works with apache's logs. You will not get usefull
information from referes etc, but will be able to get the number of unique
visitors for instance.

My real request to the icecast developpers would be a way to log the duration
a listener has stayed on a mountpoint.
The logs only give connection times, and to have a good log on this, you have
to actively poll the listeners connected which is clearly suboptimal..

It could cimply be a line in the form:
xx.xx.xx.xx disconnected from mountpoint /bla after *some time*

Or perhaps it exists but I am not aware of this..

Romain