[Icecast] icecast mount point login problem!

beshoo beshoo beshoo at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 6 23:17:53 UTC 2007

Dear all ,

I have a problem with Icecast
mount Point function .

The goal of creating mount
point :

Run mutable streaming icecast
in the same time , but with deffrient passwords , it hink this is the way
icecast work but I did not get it , what the problem !

hope you do know it !

Each user will have his/her  own OddCast station and he/she will streaming
a deferent music in the same time !

And no one can interrupt the
other because simple he don’t know other password !

BTW: in the mount point Xml
code there is a UserName Tag , where this tage must be use ! and set ?

In the OddCast program there is
no input box for Username !

Well back to the xml stuff !

I went to the icecast.xml , and
I add a new mount point as following :

  <mount>

        <mount-name>/arabisk.mp3</mount-name>

<username>test</username>

<password>3310065</password>

<burst-size>65536</burst-size>

<max-listeners>1</max-listeners>

</mount>

Some one told me that I have to
set the username to :

<username>source</username>

And I did but with no luck !

The problem is when I tride to
connect to this mount point using OddCast program ! it fail.

Is there any additional step
must I take ! please advice I am just a unable to do it I need you help .

The rror in the log file show
that the password is incorrect while it is correct !

Log file:

root at champ [/var/log/icecast]#
cat error.log

[2007-06-06  16:49:03]
DBUG stats/modify_node_event update node clients (1)

[2007-06-06  16:49:03]
DBUG stats/modify_node_event update node connections (5)

[2007-06-06  16:49:03]
INFO connection/_handle_source_request Source logging in at mountpoint
"/arabisk.mp3"

[2007-06-06  16:49:03]
INFO connection/_handle_source_request Source (/arabisk.mp3) attempted to login
with invalid or missing password

[2007-06-06  16:49:03]
DBUG fserve/fserve_add_client Adding client to file serving engine

[2007-06-06  16:49:04]
DBUG stats/modify_node_event update node clients (0)

[2007-06-06  16:49:04]
DBUG stats/modify_node_event update node clients (1)

[2007-06-06  16:49:04]
DBUG stats/modify_node_event update node connections (6)

[2007-06-06  16:49:04]
DBUG admin/admin_handle_request Admin request (/admin/metadata)

[2007-06-06  16:49:04]
DBUG admin/admin_handle_request Got command (metadata)

[2007-06-06  16:49:04]
INFO admin/admin_handle_request Bad or missing password on mount modification
admin request (command: metadata)

[2007-06-06  16:49:04]
DBUG fserve/fserve_add_client Adding client to file serving engine

[2007-06-06  16:49:04]
DBUG stats/modify_node_event update node client_connections (3)

[2007-06-06  16:49:04]
DBUG stats/modify_node_event update node clients (0)

[2007-06-06  16:49:09]
DBUG slave/_slave_thread checking master stream list

root at champ [/var/log/icecast]#
cat access.log

82.137.238.240 - - [06/Jun/2007:16:49:03 -0500] "SOURCE
/arabisk.mp3 ICE/1.0" 401 115 "-" "-" 0

82.137.238.240 - - [06/Jun/2007:16:49:04 -0500] "GET
/admin/metadata HTTP/1.0" 401 115 "-" "(Mozilla
Compatible)" 0

root at champ [/var/log/icecast]#