[Icecast] ices2 loop song

Oscar Sundbom oscar.sundbom at swipnet.se
Tue Jul 10 13:59:51 UTC 2007

Thomas B. Rücker skrev:
> Vinicius Dittgen schrieb:
>> [2007-06-16  03:47:23] WARN playlist-builtin/playlist_read Skipping
>> "/var/www/radio/playlist/espaco_vital_080607_conv2.ogg" as the serial
>> number is the same as previous
>
> You'll have to change the serial number of the ogg file to prevent
> this from happening.
> I think this was built in to prevent repeating songs in random play or
> so. Dunno if it serves other reasons too.

As long as we're on the subject: Does anyone know _why_ this is? Your
guess might be correct, but then it shouldn't kick in when not playing
randomly. It's usually either a real problem or a real hassle, and I can
see no (practical) reason for it being when playing through a playlist
linearly.

Oscar