[Icecast] ffmpeg2theora icecast ubuntu edgy

Vincent balbinus at bonjourlesmouettes.org
Wed Feb 14 13:15:08 UTC 2007

Hi,

I've had the same problem. However, I chose not to downgrade my package,
but rather to recompile it from source. The reason seems to be that
Debian dropped support for Theora (as j at v2v.cc noted) in libshout too.
I'm not quite sure actually, since ldd on any libshout-linked packages
indicates "libtheora.so.0", but anyway something's messed up with Theora
support.

I recompiled libshout and did an equivs packages (see
http://bonjourlesmouettes.org/index.php/2006/12/28/337-streaming-theora-sur-ubuntu-erreur-libshout
for explanations - in french, sorry).

Something I don't exactly understand is why the Ubuntu libshout3 package
is more recent (2.2.2-1) than the Debian one (2.1-3), although the
Ubuntu one seems to be maintained by the same Debian guy (Jonas
Smedegaard)...

Regards,
Vincent Tabard
Radio Pytagor : http://www.radiopytagor.com/