[Icecast] mp3 on-demand

Geoff Shang Geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Tue Dec 11 14:11:01 UTC 2007

patrick at camarasm.pr.gov.br wrote:

> On-demand
>
> I need to leave a mp3 file stored on the server transmitting, as do that?

If by on demand you mean being able to click on a file and have it play
from the beginning at any time, then you don't even need Icecast for this.

If you have a webserver, you can place it on your website somewhere, and
put a link to a file with a .m3u extension that contains the URL to the MP3
file.  Then when someone clicks on the link to the .M3U file, it will
download, open the user's preferred MP3 player and begin streaming the MP3
file.

Of course, you can do this with Icecast as well, using the fileserve
function.

Let me know  if this is not what you meant.

Geoff.