[Icecast] IP reverse lookup [WAS: xsl:value-of]

Thomas B. Ruecker dm8tbr at afthd.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Aug 1 15:13:39 UTC 2007

On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 09:06:03PM +1200, Ross Levis wrote:
> That's a shame, and worth considering as a future feature.  Shoutcast Server
> has this as an option, and it's quite useful to see what countries (domain
> extensions) your listeners are from.
Au contraire!
See my other post.

If you want stats by country I'd rather recommend webalizer or the (a
bit dated) stream analysis fork of webalizer. Both should be able to
produce tld statistics based on the icecast access.log.
NB: .com .net etc are widely used by dialup ISPs - Hence those stats
tend to be quite off.

--
A: Because we read from top to bottom, left to right.