[Icecast] Re: Icecast Digest, Vol 35, Issue 1

Bryan Hance bhance at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 19:34:11 UTC 2007

I believe the load test documents state that the load tests were two
test machines connected via a gigabit switch.

In this sense there was no 'internet line' chokepoint: It was just
machine A (server) and machine B (simulating many many listeners) both
plugged into the same switch, for a straight through 1gig connection
from machine A to B.

In your case, with FIOS, I think the usual ((Number of listeners *
your streaming bitrate) + 10% TCP overhead) type calculation applies,
unless Verizon is doing something else to throttle/packetshape.

Also note that if "10/0.8" is your down/up, you're limited by that .8
up, since you'll be serving the audio from that side.

-bhance