[Icecast] using mulitple sound card inputs

telmnstr at 757.org telmnstr at 757.org
Sun Sep 3 23:56:33 UTC 2006

> Pure speculation: I wonder if it would now be more economical to use a
> multi-channel sound card, something like a Delta-1010? Perhaps you could fit
> several of these cards to a single host?
> Leo

Yes, the multitrack sound adaptors are really nice, but at the time there
wasn't a good solution for breaking out each channel into a separate
mountpoint for darkice to encode and feed icecast. I do believe it is
possible with jack. I haven't tried this yet. Our sources are mono, so
technically every soundcard could run two feeds (left + right).

 				- Ethan