[Icecast] icecast delay

Romain Beauxis toots at rastageeks.org
Mon Nov 20 23:40:10 UTC 2006

Le dimanche 19 novembre 2006 13:02, mauro a écrit :
> I have two icecast servers running in my music chain
> there's lot of delay from the source to the player
> how can i tune this?

Streaming is buffered, there is less you can do about this.
The only thing I see is recuding the clients buffer, but since connection is
tcp, there will stil be delay.

The correct solution is to use some udp streaming that all clients may receive
at the same time. This can be achieved with vlc for instance.

Romain
--
They seh when you have nuff money
You got a whole heap o' friend