[Icecast] <savefile> directive for Icecast2?

adam adam at xs4all.nl
Sun Mar 19 09:35:47 UTC 2006

icecast 2.3.1 has <dumpfile> which i believe can do it:
http://www.icecast.org/docs/icecast-2.3.1/icecast2_config_file.html#mount

#dump-file
An optional value which will set the filename which will be a dump of the stream coming through on this mountpoint.

i also use wget when necessary which will also do the job

adam

..on Sat, Mar 18, 2006 at 08:29:34PM +0100, mtms wrote:
> On 18 Mar 2006, 18:38, Michael Hobbs <mhobbs812 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I am aware you can use the <savefile> feature of IceS2 to save a copy of live
> > streams. I have several sources for my Icecast server that are remote and which
> > I do not have access to the hard drive. Is there any way to save a copy of the
> > stream at the Icecast Server rather than the IceS2 source?
> >
> > If it can't be done by the server itself, I know there are various tools for
> > recording live streams, has anyone had any experience with these?
>
> Under linux I use streamripper
> http://streamripper.sourceforge.net
>
> Salut,
>
> --
>  <@,@>  Radio Dissident
>  [`-']  Frattaglie rock ed altre perversioni
>  -"-"-  http://radiodissident.blogspot.com

Adam Hyde
~/.nl

selected projects
http://www.xs4all.nl/~adam

the streaming suitcase
http://www.streamingsuitcase.com

r a d i o q u a l i a
http://www.radioqualia.net

Free as in 'media'
email : adam at xs4all.nl
mobile : + 31 6 186 75 356 (Netherlands mobile)