[Icecast] startup script for icecast

Klaas Jan Wierenga k.j.wierenga at home.nl
Wed Jun 21 14:47:23 UTC 2006

Hi Dave,

I've also written my own startup script, but have since switched to
using daemontools with great success.

http://www.google.com/search?q=daemontools (second match)
http://cr.yp.to/daemontools.html

Daemontools is easy to install (you should be able to find an rpm for it).

It will allow you to bring up/down icecast, send HUP, and also to
automatically restart it in case it would crash. Check it out.

Regards,

KJ