[Icecast] Problems with source-transfer

"Thomas B. Rücker" dm8tbr at afthd.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Jun 19 10:15:51 UTC 2006

Frank Steinborn schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> we want to migrate from Shoutcast to Icecast, however, there is a
> problem right know: If one source closes the connection and the new
> source connects even in the same second, the stream will drop till you
> reconnect the player. That was no problem with shoutcast over the
> years. Any hints?
Use a fallback mountpoint. This is far more flexible than the shoutcast
solution. You can either fall back to a live mountpoint or a static file.
I use a fallback to a live mountpoint with ices2 playing a short
playlist of jingles plus an announcement that service will resume shortly.

More details in the friendly manual.

Cheers

Thomas