[Icecast] dir.xiph.org only listing Ogg streams

Jay Krivanek admin at radiotoolbox.com
Mon Jun 19 09:52:26 UTC 2006

Actually this is what I had already done on my yp as I foresaw the need for
distribution nodes and I believe they already have an XML sheet however it
still can be abused despite this.

Bottom line, if they don't feel that there is enough traffic to the portal
to get advertising dollars then they are experiencing a problem in their yp
transactions from individual servers.  My guess is there is some real
inefficiencies with their code/database structure if this is the case.

Jay