[Icecast] dynamic xsl generation for archive directory

Thomas B. Ruecker dm8tbr at afthd.tu-darmstadt.de
Sun Jul 9 12:52:10 UTC 2006

paranoid wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Is there a way to have icecast2 create an xsl file for the files in
> the archive directory?
>
> I had to move the webserver to a different server than icecast is
> running on. Before I had PHP generate a dynamic page with links to the
> files in the archive directory but since PHP can't read the physical
> directory anymore, I would like to have PHP read and parse an xsl file
> which will be on the remote server with icecast on it. (Just as is
> possible with the file status.xsl for example.)
>
> Is it a good idea and a possibility to implement this in icecast2, or
> are there any other ways already to do this and solve the problem?
The needed data is not available in the /admin/stats.xml file. Hence I
don't see an easy way to accomplish it using an xslt.
You might want to try and run an php-script (any other scripting
language will do too) from cron (doesn't need apache) and place it's
output into an plain html file in the archive directory.

Cheers

Thomas