[Icecast] Daemontools and icecast / ices2

Rob McDonald rob.mcdonald.icecast at nzpages.net
Fri Jul 7 06:41:52 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I'm trying to use daemontools to manage the icecast server.

I've got it installed and working (with qmail)

However it wont work with icecast.

My run file has the contents:

-------------------------------

#!/bin/sh

exec setuidgid icecast /usr/local/bin/icecast -c /usr/local/etc/icecast.xml

I have also tried it using icecasts built in user switching abilities, but
makes no difference.

What is happening is that daemontools is trying to start it and failing, and
as it should be, trying again in and endless loop.

Has anyone done this before? Or possibly know why it cannot be done?

Cheers

Rob