[Icecast] Web Based scheduler like LiveSupport for icecast

John Buttery john at io.com
Wed Jul 5 09:36:37 UTC 2006

* On Wed 2006-Jul-05 04:29:14 -0500, John Buttery <john at io.com> wrote:
> * On Wed 2006-Jul-05 05:09:02 -0400, Chris MacDonald <chris at thoughtsoft.net> wrote:
>   You know, that could totally work.  I'd still rather have some kind
> of explicit "switch" mechanism, but in the absence of that, I bet that
> would do the trick.  Thanks for the idea.  How fast is the switch in
> that failover situation?

  I guess the other question for me to be asking is, is it possible to
just drop the main stream(s) with no failover and just have icecast
"broadcast" dead air until the new stream (the live one) connects?  I
should probably stop writing this email and go look that up...  :P
  That would be the best solution; some kind of timeout where icecast
will broadcast dead air for a user-configurable amount of time (say, 10
seconds as default) before falling back when a source disconnects.
Maybe that's already there and I just haven't read about it yet?

--
  John  ! Since this email isn't signed, you can't really tell it's from
 Buttery! me; I'll hopefully have my computer working normally again