[Icecast] Web Based scheduler like LiveSupport for icecast

Chris MacDonald chris at thoughtsoft.net
Wed Jul 5 09:09:02 UTC 2006

I've thought about it briefly (I'm in the same boat as you, but I've
been tinkering with making my own interface) and I more or less came to
the conclusion that it was more complicated than it was worth, for me at
least. For my purposes having spoken content recorded beforehand,
uploaded, added to the playlist and played back a couple hours later was
good enough.

What you might be able to do is set up two streams, one live and one off
your playlist, each being a fallback for the other. Kill the live stream
and dump listeners over to the live feed and when you're done
broadcasting live you can turn the playlist back on, kill your live feed
and dump everyone back. I'm not sure if this is feasible or not, I just
remember thinking about it. I might have read about this approach around
here, who knows.

Chris