[Icecast] Web Based scheduler like LiveSupport for icecast

oDDskOOL oddskool at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 12:30:00 UTC 2006

Hi,

I think what you want can be (easily ;) ) built around Ices, using perl
or Python.

I do something very similar with a simple perl script and ices. Ices can
use a perl script as playlist, that's to say the script will be executed
each time a track ends and ices is looking for the next one.

So if you can write your demand on disk (with a simple CGI for example),
the perl script can read it and play the track. Otherwise, you can do
like i'm doing : read a playlist file from perl script (which file based
on the system's clock) and select a track from it at random.

For controling icecast, you can use signals (SIGHUP rereads playlist,
SIGUSR1 goes to next track, ...) via a CGI ? (i'm not sure signals from
CGIs is always possible).

For simple authentication, .htpasswd will do.

--
(cpylft) oDDsKooL Assembly Line
http://www.oddskool.net