[Icecast] please help me

Geoff Shang geoff at hitsandpieces.net
Sun Jan 22 08:16:21 UTC 2006

Shashi Shah wrote:

> Thank you for the quick reply.  I am running the latest icecast as
> well as the latest liveice.
>
> I am able to connect to icecast from the same machine.  However when I
> try to connect from another PC, there doesn't seem to be any responce.
> When I say connect, I am simply typing the ip address with the port
> number.  The access and error log files didn't change.
>
> Any suggestions on what I should be looking at next?

The fact that there's nothing in the access or error logs at all means that
your attempt to connect to Icecast did not reach Icecast.  This could be
due to a number of factors.  Here's some things to look at:

* Check to make sure any firewalls you're running are letting you do what
you're trying to do.

* Make sure that you've not used the "bind" atribute in the Icecast config
file, or that if you have, that you're binding to all the interfaces you
need.

When you try to connect from the other PC, do you get an error or does it
just sit there?  If you get an error, what is it?

Geoff.