[Icecast] Server Requirements

davidhooper at tiscali.co.uk davidhooper at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Dec 12 10:21:16 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm looking to stream a large amount of conncurrent connects and want to
use icecast probably on a CentOS base. The bandwidth requirements are over
60 Mbps before any overheads, I'm looking at using some Dell SC1425 machines
but am not sure how many I'd need, I'd appreciated hearing your experiences
and suggestions.

I need to be able to stream the following simultaneous connections

700 * 64k
255 * 128k

Probably MP3 and also the following Ogg:
1 * 32
6 * 24

Thanks in Advance.

David

Tiscali Broadband only 9.99 a month for your first 3 months!