[Icecast] Playlist & mountpoint questions?

ed.edward ed.edward at laposte.net
Tue Sep 20 07:12:43 UTC 2005

Dear All,

I am new to Icecast & Ices2. I managed to install and run all
stuffs
in my Linux Slackware-9.1 box. All seem to be OK! except the
playlist.
In the WinAmp's playlist window, just the name of the mountpoint
is visible. ;-(

Facts:
-----------
Create au mountpoint with ".ogg" extension, since all files
are Ogg encoded.

Create a playlist file with full path, for each file one by line,
like: /PATH/TO/MYSONG.OGG

Finally create an URL with ".m3u" extension for listeners,
like: http://fm.mydomain.com/mointpoint.ogg.m3u

With these, just the mountpoint name is visible in playlist
windows
of WinAMP, No the complete playlist, what's wrong?

Any examples, doc links, from icecast fellows will be appreciated.
Any help or comments will be appreciated.

Best regards.

--
Ed.