[Icecast] Problems with sources

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Sun Sep 11 23:05:57 UTC 2005

On 9/12/05, Víctor Fragoso <stonedgorilla at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeahp, My source client can't connect to icecast, and my firewall allows the
> tcp traffic by the 8000 port. Any Idea?

When you attempt to connect, does icecast log anything (increase the
debug level to '4' in the config file if it's currently lower) at all?

If it does, that might give some suggestion as to what the problem is.

If it doesn't, it's almost certain that the connection isn't getting
to icecast to begin with, probably due to some firewall issue - if
that's the case, there's not really much we can help with.

Mike