[Icecast] AACPlus Shoutcast v1.90

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Wed Sep 7 13:18:18 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-07 at 03:47, Ross Levis wrote:
> I'm am currently using autuvb4 at q-2 mono 44100.  This produces roughly
> 28 to 34kb/s.  It's ok but I've heard AACPlus at 32kb/s stereo and it's
> definately better, unfortunately.

I wasn't really thinking about 32kb/s modes as I find them poor anyway,
but I haven't heard much at the lowest rate to make a comparison as I
don't have the decoder to playback that variant of AAC.  Also note that
while q-2 is a new mode that is added, the tunings also improve the
higher modes.

karl.