[Icecast] user authentication

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Thu Oct 6 08:59:59 UTC 2005

On 10/6/05, Kane Wilson <gsm_color at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> Could you please tell me the icecast having any possibility , to do user
> authentication with user MSISDN ??

Is this a publically documented and (legally) freely implemented
authentication protocol? If the answer to both these questions is yes,
then it could be implemented, in theory. If either is no, then it
absolutely cannot and will not be. It's certainly not currently
implemented.

> and
>
> at the moment doest it support for video streaming , like real , mpeg , avi
> .etc. with RTSP protocol ??

It supports video streaming of theora.

It does not implement RTSP. You should have read the documentation,
which answers all of your questions.

Mike