[Icecast] Double-speed mp3 streams

Matthew Schmidt matthew.schmidt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 14:42:55 UTC 2005

Hi Folks,

I've been experiencing odd behavior lately. When I start a stream it
sometimes begins to stream at double the speed of what I'm sending it.
Stopping and restarting the stream usually solves the problem, but not
always. Stopping and restarting the server doesn't have any effect.

I was using Oddcast 3 standalone as the streaming client, and I thought
there may be a problem there, so I switched to SimpleCast. Got the same
problem. I think it might be the Icecast2 server now, although the logs
don't show any strangeness.

Have any of you experienced something like this? It sounds like Alvin and
the Chipmunks.

Any help greatly appreciated.

MTX