[Icecast] How analyze performance (buffering) problems ?

EISELE Pascal pe at letsgozik.com
Thu Nov 17 08:36:41 UTC 2005

Hello,

I'm looking for a method to track stream performance problems, I mean :
why does listeners got buffering ?
We are using two "front relay" that are hosted by differents providers.
The front relays are connected to our main server (which encode) that is
using two ADSL connections from two differents providers.
How can I do to know if there is a problem between "Front relay 1" and
"Main server using provider DSL connection 1" or between "Front relay 1"
and listener ?
How avoid buffering problems ? Have you got somes tips and tricks ?

Bests regards,

EISELE Pascal <pe at letsgozik.com>
Membre fondateur de l'association Let's Go Zik
Radio Techno/Trance sur Internet
http://www.letsgozik.com