[Icecast] Server question - if you had ...

Andy Woolley andy at milonic.com
Mon Nov 21 18:13:53 UTC 2005

Yeah, I'll agree with that - CPU use is minimal on a dedicated machine so
low spec server will do just fine.

Our stats here show peaks at around 60-70 listeners and as you can see the
CPU use is almost none existent - high quality bandwidth is where the money
should be spent.

Oh and lots of disk space if you intend archiving the streams.

Our stats are at: http://stats.tianet.co.uk/ if interested

Cheers,
Andy