[Icecast] streaming video

Ross Levis ross at stationplaylist.com
Mon May 30 08:28:25 UTC 2005

An online Christian radio station who I do some technical work for is considering branching out to the video streaming arena.  They have free preaching videos they can broadcast.  They are only familiar with Windows and want to stay with that.

I think I can talk them into using Theora & Icecast2, but the 1 million dollar question is how does one take several high quality MPEG or AVI videos, re-encode using Theora and stream on the fly.

What they need is something like Oddcast for Winamp but works for videos.  Winamp can play videos.  Are there any options at this stage for Windows?

Regards,
Ross Levis.