[Icecast] icecast & china

Iain Mott mott at reverberant.com
Wed May 11 21:10:18 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 10:37 +0100, gARetH baBB wrote:
> On Wed, 11 May 2005, Iain Mott wrote:
>
> > Tried with http://zhongshuobeijing.dyndns.org:7000/streamname.m3u
> > but was blocked. And at last resolve:
> > http://139.168.32.224:7000/streamname.m3u
>
> Well, 40 minutes later that host is certainly not responding.

good morning

No, I shut it down at the end of the day - it's up and running now. I'll
leave the shoutcast server on for a bit too.

If anyone decides to connect, please keep it brief, as my bandwidth
quota is practically spent - they'll be charging per Mb.

The mountpoint is set by the audio app as "puredata". And the hostname,
and perhaps this is the problem, is still set to
zhongshuobeijing.dyndns.org rather than the raw IP address. But a local
tester elsewhere in Melbourne told me he could connect with both
methods.

Still running on 7000 and the same ip address.

cheers, Iain