[Icecast] Problem installing. Please help

Csillag Tamás cstamas at digitus.itk.ppke.hu
Sat May 7 20:36:17 UTC 2005

On 05/06, Sam wrote:
> Hello. I am trying to install icecast on redhat 9.0 with cpanel
> I have the latest stable release of everything installed on my server.
>
> Problem 1:
> When I try to install icecase via rpm, I get this error:
> error: Failed dependencies:
>         curl >= 7.10.0 is needed by icecast-2.2.0-1
>         libtheora is needed by icecast-2.2.0-1
>         libtheora.so.0 is needed by icecast-2.2.0-1
>
> Note: curl version I have installed:
> curl 7.12.0 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.12.0 OpenSSL/0.9.7a
> zlib/1.1.4

Did you installed all of these from rpm packages or from source?
If you installed from source you fooled the package manager that's why I
does not allow you to install them.

You can try with 'rpm --nodeps icecast-something.rpm' if you are sure that
the depedencies are met.

It is even better to install a distibution with saner package manager
(like debian).

--
"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail
in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this?

cstamas