[Icecast] Metadata Swapping: How do they do it?

Ian Andrew Bell hello at ianbell.com
Thu May 5 19:17:09 UTC 2005

Think I answered my own question really.

The display in iTunes, for example, is swapping between what in
status.xsl would be Stream Title and Current Song.

If Song is updated like so:
http://admin:password@myserver.pulverradio.com:8000/admin/metadata?
mount=/high.mp3&mode=updinfo&song=ACDC+Back%20In%20Black

...then what exactly is the verbage to update StreamTitle?

http://admin:password@myserver.pulverradio.com:8000/admin/metadata?
mount=/high.mp3&mode=updinfo&StreamTitle=PulverRadio

...doesn't work.

My (potentially misguided) belief is that the client downloads/receives
the latter attribute once, on initially connecting to the relay.

KH and I have been playing with a branch he built that lets you
configure all that stuff in the icecast.xml file however it's not
making it into the stream.

-Ian.