[Icecast] Another person cannot hear my radio (yet)

Michael Smith mlrsmith at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 04:17:41 UTC 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 00:04:35 -0300, Denis Paschoalinoto
<denis.paschoalinoto at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Link http://201.1.83.111:8000/live.m3u is currently taking to my radio.

If I try to get this URL, it doesn't connect. This means that either
1) icecast is totally failing to respond to requests
or
2) icecast isn't getting the request

The second of these things is far, far more likely (given that you
aren't using bind-address, and are able to connect internally, I can
pretty much guarantee that the first isn't the case here), and looks
like some sort of firewall, and/or upstream filtering.

Mike