[Icecast] Another person cannot hear my radio

Denis Paschoalinoto denis.paschoalinoto at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 17:12:49 UTC 2005

Hi,

I created an Icecast 2.2.0 server in my Windows XP, and I am sending
audio to it by using Winamp 2.95 with Oddcast.

In the same machine that I am running Icecast, I open an Internet
Explorer window and enter http://169.254.31.193:8000/live.m3u (my
radio´s address). The radio can be heard without problems in Windows
Media Player, even while Winamp is broadcasting audio to Icecast! Up
to here, OK.

However, my friends aren´t able to hear the radio by typing
http://169.254.31.193:8000/live.m3u in their Internet Explorers.
Message in this browser is "URL not found".

This happens even while server is "running", Winamp is playing and
Oddcast is "connected".

Please, anyone has any hint or suggestion about it?

Thank you very much for your attention and big embraces!

Denis.