[Icecast] nub help with playlist file please

Justin Bot justinabomb at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 01:05:04 UTC 2005

Hey everyone. I'm kinda-totally-not-so new to this ices/icecast game,
so please bare with me if I'm being kind of newbish. :)

I have everything installed and working fine and dandy, except for one
thing. Ices doesn't like my playlist.txt. Major bummer. It tells me
that it isn't a valid playlist file, though I'm creating it with full
paths, one file per line, with a find | grep > playlist.txt type
command.

Already, I've reviewed old information about how it can read perl
files and such, but also basic playlists (hopefully) such as the one
I've created that is just that; basic.

Am I missing something? Should it have xml tags or anything else?
Maybe it's the hard-return that's messing with it?

Thanks so much in advance!
-j