[Icecast] (no subject)

Geoff Shang geoff at hitsandpieces.net
Fri Mar 11 02:04:36 UTC 2005

Michael Smith wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:28:05 -0300, Denis Paschoalinoto
> <denisp at uol.com.br> wrote:
>> I´m streaming LAME ones (MP3), mountpoint is live.mp3 and URL is
>> http://169.254.31.193:8000/live.mp3

You're not going to be able to listen to this, at least from the Internet
at large.

From RFC 3330:

    169.254.0.0/16 - This is the "link local" block.  It is allocated for
    communication between hosts on a single link.  Hosts obtain these
    addresses by auto-configuration, such as when a DHCP server may not
    be found.
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3330.html

This is presumably not the correct address for your server box, or it can
not be reached from the Internet at large.  At the least, something needs
sorting out.

Geoff.

hmmm, I think this is the person who's running a whitelister I can't use so
they'll probably not even see this.