[Icecast] New User Installation: Questions about live streaming

Flash Love flashl at cox.net
Wed Mar 9 11:40:11 UTC 2005

Mp3 is the format of the music that I have presently, I am open to using other
formats. I do have darkice compiled and able to access the icecast server.
While studying how to use darkice with icecast and after reading several
online discussions, I was convinced that maybe darkice was not the answer.

I have a labtec headphone with mic and headset plugs into the respective ports
on the soundcard. I have darkice connecting to icecast server, checked the
mixer settings with amuix, and know that mic is working becase I can hear
myself thru the speakers.  However, the walkthru mentioned earlier, advised
to plug headset into speaker port and I could not get any further with mic
input with that configuration.

Any help with be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Flash