[Icecast] dropped at change of song and...

Michael LaBash mlabash at babylabash.com
Sat Mar 5 14:55:39 UTC 2005

I'm trying to run Icecast as a service under windows using SC.exe and
I think that is the cause of the shutting down. There are parameters
for "start" that aren't explained and not really obvious .... I just
used the default (=demand)... anyone familiar with sc.exe?

from http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;251192
about SC.exe

optionname

start= boot, system, auto, demand, disabled
Start type for the service. Option values include types used by drivers.
(default = demand)

I'm thinking that demand might mean that the service runs when
there's demand for it, so if all the players leave, it shuts down
.... I'm guessing though. I'm going to try the other options to see
if one orks.

Thanks!

--
Michael LaBash