[Icecast] icecast2 video broadcast?

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Thu Mar 3 22:47:34 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 22:03, Alexey Pogosov wrote:
> Hello folks!
>
> How can I broadcast video (mpeg4) files via icecast2? I make icecast
> with theora support and what can i do with this feature? Where can i
> read about this feature? Help pls.

I don't know if mpeg4 has been tried. The likes of libshout and icecast
could pass mpeg4 straight through but without timing so it would run far
too quickly for streaming.

However with some modifications to something like oggfwd or ezstream you
could get a feed from mplayer to do the timing. Needs checking up on
though to make sure it works well enough.

karl.