[Icecast] icecast error with metadata

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Sun Jun 26 12:34:50 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-26 at 04:31, dave wrote:
> Hello,
>     It's not ehe same file, i've got the playlist set to random play and it
> always does this. As for firewall i haven't changed anything on that box for
> two months but just to make sure i passed in everything.
>     Is the metadata issue the problem or am i looking at the wrong area? The
> logs are quite large, maybe i chopped the wrong info.

If you are looking for why the stream stops then you are looking for the
right thing.  The 10 seconds of no traffic at all is the cause of at
least one of those cases.  As the trigger is receiving no data, the
usual causes for that are network outage or a stalled playlist generator
in ices (where the playlist is created by some script).

I would investigate what ices is doing when this occurs, find some
pattern, like the same set of files, which can trigger this and find out
if ices is sending anything or if does high CPU/memory usage or anything
else if doesn't normally do.

Without these details it becomes harder to identify the problem.

karl.