[Icecast] The new web-based forum.

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Tue Jun 21 01:32:21 UTC 2005

Speaking from the point of view of a icecast developer and maintainer I'll
just say a few things about the new forum.   First off, there is nothing
*bad* about more avenues of information for icecast.   Secondly, we have no
intentions for getting rid of the mailing list.  Some people love the
mailing list, some people love web-based forums  and we are glad that we
can accommodate both.  Duplication information you say ?!?! Hey, duplicate
information is better than alienating users if you ask me.  Our position
has always been to encourage contribution from anyone willing to spend a
bit of time...That goes for people writing documentation, translating
existing docs, writing quick how-to guides, or even setting up a web-based
forum for folks to ask questions about icecast.  It's all good and we
appreciate these contributions tremendously.  They are, in fact, how we
keep going as a development project in my opinion.

oddsock