[Icecast] big buffer on server-side

Balint Jacint bjacint at kvark.hu
Mon Jun 20 13:46:46 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm planning to broadcast live stream from a place, where there's only
ADSL connection, which may be used during broadcast, so temporary
bandwidth-sortage can happen.
Is there any way to create a huge buffer on server-side? This way there
would be no problem, if the source couldn't send the stream, the server
could serve from the buffer until the source gets bandwidth again.
It could be any big, I actually want 2-5 minutes buffer on the server.
Latency is not an issue, noone cares (in this situation).

Thanks in advance,
Jacint